Most people are likely to say, “No.”
The prevalence of fragranced products makes it hard to isolate them as a cause. I first determined I had a problem with fragrances in 1970. There were not near as many fragrance products in our envinonment back then!
Before you answer “No”, answer these questions:
Do you or a family member have:
- Frequent headaches or migraines?
- Frequent “sinus” headaches?
- Unexplained “allergies”?
- Frequent colds or respiratory infections?
- COPD or other breathing disorders?
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)?
- Autoimmune Disorders (MS,Lupus, and others)?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you may want to look at fragranced products as a culprit. At the very least, fragrances can often make any of the above conditions worse. Many of these health issues are on the rise in our country. The chemicals in the modern fragrance play a bigger role in these than most of us think.